Currently the Search function is broken, because the service used for it changed to SSL only which is not supported by MUIMapparium at the moment.
I will work on this the next days, so wait for 0.7 to fix that.
and because there is an error in the source MUIMapparium will crash instead of printing the errorcode
The routing function is also affected by this of course.
I created the datatypes unit for AmigaOS4 and AROS and rewrote the ones for Amiga68k and MorphOS. OF course the aim is again to make them more or less compatible to each other. Of course also wrote a little test program and compiled for all systems which works nice.
DataTypes test for Amiga68k, MorphOS, AmigaOS4 and AROS
Now I have to learn how to actually use Datatypes in a program, especially seems sometimes the datatypes seems to scale down to 8 bit (256 colors) even the screen has 24 bit which I do not understand and if there is a way to let the datatype scale the image to the right size. I use the BitmapScale from graphics.library but this is awfully slow (At least on AROS, even my straigh forward nearest neighbor routine is faster than that).
When calculating the statistics value for the track export I thought it would be nice to have them for the normal Tracks Properties Window as well and also repaired the color indicator for the right and left axis for MUI (in Zune it worked).
With such a nice weather I drive a little bit more bicycle, therefore the track function of MUIMapparium is more interesting at the moment.
First of course the export I added for the Route also is useful for the track and there even more, because we can print out some additional informations about the track.
Depending on the Program recording the track the data can be very noisy so I added a simple smoothing function.
To be honest, the YOURS route finding is very bad, I need to find a replacement for it, the openrouteservice looks nice but I guess to really use it I have to host it myself.
Besides that I’m working on PNG export for MUIMapparium and also export the Route as HTML with the overview (just the current view of window).
After a long time I decided that MUIMapparium has enough bugfixes and improvements to make a new release.
The biggest changes are the Manual, the faster network speed, an about window and route calculation.
BugFix: OS4 ToolType reading
BugFix: Track plot enabling
BugFix: Deleting Tiles
Amiga Guide manual
About MUI Menu Entry
Reopen Statistics Window on start if left open on quit
Set color for Tracks and Routes
Show Route Orders jump to position
Block redrawing when moving map (prevents map jumping)
I was working on the route creation, sadly it seems the OpenLS is not available anymore for routing, so only YOURS is left. Thats a little bit pity because YOURS calculate nicely the route and orders for it, but sadly it does not show where the orders take place. (OpenLS did that, even there the route calculation was a little bit odd sometimes, thats teh reason I supplied both in Mapparium).
Nevertheless, it works now with YOURS for now, need a little bit more tweaking (especially to get the start/end point from current map center for example)
The search I managed now to put into a PopObject, if you type the search press enter or search button it will do a search (like the main search) and open the popup with the list of results a double click on an entry set it as start/stop point
Working on a Installer script to installing FreePascal for Amiga using the official way. In the past I often used Installer scripts but never wrote one. It looks very close to LISP (brackets everywhere 😉 ) luckily the scripts are just saved as text. You can peek into other scripts, how to make some of the more difficult parts. For the basic structure I found a nice program in Aminet InstallerGen, it provides a nice MUI Gui to create the install steps, which also helps to understand the language.
The first version is finished now. You can select the installation type, minimal, typical, full and customized. On customized you can select the packages to install. (see image) Of course it also adds the needed entries for assign and path to the user-startup. The plan is to create some more such installers to install more packages, afterwards, like LCL, MUIClass or the FPU-enabled units.
For MorphOS and OS4 this should be easy to create from it. On AROS it will be a little bit different, there is no need to alter the user-startup, you only need to register it as a package.
During my vacation two new Versions of Vampire Cores are released. One (2.7.1) only adds more serial numbers so no actual core changes and the second (2.8) has some bugfixes. One Bugfix is called ‘- minor FPU fix’, sadly no more information what that means. I heard the rounding issue is solved and MUIMapparium (FPU-Version) should work now, so let’s try that.
But sadly MUIMappaarium still shows nothing and that is because the rounding issue is still not solved in this core (as you see in the picture), also the the precision problem persists. So I’m not sure what they fixed in this version and what happened with the MUIMapparium fixes they showed before 🙁 More waiting.
Traveling is nice, but also nice to be back. As wrote in he travel blog entry I worked on the MUIIDE, especially on the Menu creating stuff, which is quiet difficult things, but prepares other stuff to come (like listview and lists). You can create now very easily Menus with Submenus with the IDE.
There seems to be a little bug, sometimes when I change a combobox active entry, the GUI does not follow it. I debugged it a little bit, and it seems like and updating problem, because after resizing the window everything seems to be normal. Needs some more investigation.