Chain-Q added support for 68000 to freepascal compiler. It needs special care because it has some additional alignment need on read/write to structures. But to try it on a 68000 Amiga it should be also Workbench 1.3. the current RTL implementation needs at least 3.0. It was rather easy to create a RTL which also works on 1.3 (via defines) but also the init code (written in assembler) must be changed. I have to find out how to make defines inside prt0.as. Then it could be even added to the official repository. I wrote a little testprogram to test the RTL and make some basic alignment tests. Both works well now.
Added a settings window to ZuPaPlayer, the most things are working already, at least what I need 😛 hotkeys and menu is not finished but the rest works already very nice. Maybe I should check some other MUI applications how Hotkeys are made MUI/Zune style. I’m still not very satisfied with mikmod, maybe it would worth a try on modplug. Nevertheless if someone is interested here is the current state. It’s early version so it is not complete maybe crash or strange behavior.
Working more on the ZuPaPlayer, now with the Listing of MOD Files, with sorting, moving like Delitracker does it. Even it is a little bit strange 😉
Of course, it saves and loads MODlists compatible to Delitrackers MODLists (#?.program).
(Note: the sound errors only appear in the video, seems due to the recording software)
Implemented Volume setting and play position to ZuPaPlayer. The Pause does not work well, sometimes it crashes after pause. I implemented an other method, simply not calling update for the Pause time, seems to work, without crash.
Worked a little bit more with GPS. At Aros-Exec, someone was so kind to test and other GPS with the program seems he also found one which works.
I put all things together and added some more debug output. In principle its still only a tool to learn how to operate GPS devices to build to Mapparium later. But in fact it’s also a nice little tool to play with. The record track function was so easy to implement so it could be a more lightweight tool to record Tracks, instead of the big Mapparium. It even works on Amiga without GFX-card (unlike Mapparium).
It got an own page, on the Mapparium page it would be too messy. But I don’t think they will be much updates on the little program, maybe later I will clean up a bit and put the source to github.
A new Mapparium release bring the image position showing to public including some AREXX commandos for it. But there are more changes. Finally I added a Menu for the Main Window. There are some problems with the menu on MorphOS, and I want to prevent bug announcement about this. I should really again try to find a clue about it. Besides this added overall statistics.
On request I added a nice little feature to Mapparium. It can now extract GPS informations saved in the EXIF of JPG photos. Usually smartphones and better cameras with GPS chips add them to the photos.
Really nice to remember where the photos are taken. a little preview of the image is included, sadly the JPG loading is very slow on MorphOS. I’m not sure whats the reason for this maybe some x86 optimization or general endian problem. So I decided to make the preview with a small preview of the image loaded and call MultiView to show the whole image on request. Mostly the small image is enough to have an idea whats on it. And with MultiView you can inspect in detail. Of course it would be nice to make it configurable later.
Little movie to show how it will work:
The GPS support will have to wait a version more I think, still need a lot of work, and if included track recording and so on should also be implemented, so still a lot of work.
Support for GPS devices will be a nice thing to have in Mapparium. The GPS devices mostly use a protocol name NMEA via serial connection, nowadays mostly via USB2Serial adapter. I own a old Garmin GPS with serial cable and a newer USB GPS device.
The main problem is that my PowerMacG5 Computer does not have a serial interface. But I found out that my USB GPS device can work, by forcing the endpoint 0 it to usbmodem.device, sadly it does not connect by default to this driver, so you first have to force and save it.
So I wrote a little test program to read the serial data from the GPS and parse the NMEA data.
My old Garmin GPS has a nice little interface (device LCD display) to show the position, satellites and other properties. I created a little GUI which look rather the same to visualize the data. And it works really nice for my device.
Currently it only works for MorphOS and AROS, in principle one could try to forward the serial interface to WinUAE and use it on m68k Amiga.
The new Mapparium has some basic route calculation support. I found two usable services, YOUR and OpenLS. Both have positive and negative sides, YOUR is much more reliable but only support the orders as text without coordinates where the direction order is active. OpenLS had on my tests some speed issues, sometimes very slow, even 1 day offline as it seems, but it supplies orders also with position informations.
FIX: AROS invisible search text
ADD: Routing calculation via YOUR or OpenLS
FIX: better Prefs window
ADD: Save/load routes from GPX
CHG: Open TrackView or RouteView on Show/Edit Button