Worked on the broken Search function, I guess I will publish this tomorrow, the new functions are not finished but without the search function the program is more or less useless. The new function is the list of Photo with EXIF GPS positions, as Mapparium also had. It can use Datatypes (need jpg Datatype of course) or the internal pascal JPG loaded, which seems to be slower most of the time, especially on big endian systems. The photos are grouped by date if you double click the date entry it try get all photo markers in sight, when clicking on a photo it shows it.
Currently the Search function is broken, because the service used for it changed to SSL only which is not supported by MUIMapparium at the moment.
I will work on this the next days, so wait for 0.7 to fix that.
and because there is an error in the source MUIMapparium will crash instead of printing the errorcode
The routing function is also affected by this of course.
I created the datatypes unit for AmigaOS4 and AROS and rewrote the ones for Amiga68k and MorphOS. OF course the aim is again to make them more or less compatible to each other. Of course also wrote a little test program and compiled for all systems which works nice.
DataTypes test for Amiga68k, MorphOS, AmigaOS4 and AROS
Now I have to learn how to actually use Datatypes in a program, especially seems sometimes the datatypes seems to scale down to 8 bit (256 colors) even the screen has 24 bit which I do not understand and if there is a way to let the datatype scale the image to the right size. I use the BitmapScale from graphics.library but this is awfully slow (At least on AROS, even my straigh forward nearest neighbor routine is faster than that).
When calculating the statistics value for the track export I thought it would be nice to have them for the normal Tracks Properties Window as well and also repaired the color indicator for the right and left axis for MUI (in Zune it worked).
With such a nice weather I drive a little bit more bicycle, therefore the track function of MUIMapparium is more interesting at the moment.
First of course the export I added for the Route also is useful for the track and there even more, because we can print out some additional informations about the track.
Depending on the Program recording the track the data can be very noisy so I added a simple smoothing function.
To be honest, the YOURS route finding is very bad, I need to find a replacement for it, the openrouteservice looks nice but I guess to really use it I have to host it myself.
Besides that I’m working on PNG export for MUIMapparium and also export the Route as HTML with the overview (just the current view of window).
After a long time I decided that MUIMapparium has enough bugfixes and improvements to make a new release.
The biggest changes are the Manual, the faster network speed, an about window and route calculation.
BugFix: OS4 ToolType reading
BugFix: Track plot enabling
BugFix: Deleting Tiles
Amiga Guide manual
About MUI Menu Entry
Reopen Statistics Window on start if left open on quit
Set color for Tracks and Routes
Show Route Orders jump to position
Block redrawing when moving map (prevents map jumping)
I was working on the route creation, sadly it seems the OpenLS is not available anymore for routing, so only YOURS is left. Thats a little bit pity because YOURS calculate nicely the route and orders for it, but sadly it does not show where the orders take place. (OpenLS did that, even there the route calculation was a little bit odd sometimes, thats teh reason I supplied both in Mapparium).
Nevertheless, it works now with YOURS for now, need a little bit more tweaking (especially to get the start/end point from current map center for example)
The search I managed now to put into a PopObject, if you type the search press enter or search button it will do a search (like the main search) and open the popup with the list of results a double click on an entry set it as start/stop point
Traveling is nice, but also nice to be back. As wrote in he travel blog entry I worked on the MUIIDE, especially on the Menu creating stuff, which is quiet difficult things, but prepares other stuff to come (like listview and lists). You can create now very easily Menus with Submenus with the IDE.
There seems to be a little bug, sometimes when I change a combobox active entry, the GUI does not follow it. I debugged it a little bit, and it seems like and updating problem, because after resizing the window everything seems to be normal. Needs some more investigation.
Finally I got it working saving and loading also works now for events, as I described before I had to relocate the complete Eventhandler routine to make that possible (in an abstract way).
Now it’s also possible to add multiple Windows. (But only the first one is open by default), I have to think about how to solve it, but of course you can open the other Windows in the OnShow Event of the MainWindow. Or as I show in the Video on Button Press.
A little demonstration (featuring “awesome drawing skills” icon 😉 ):
Notice to me, stop Delitracker before recording, or the mouse pointer whips with the Music 😉
After that is finished I guess the next one will be properties which are other classes, like Menu or List at the ListView.
I also have some ideas how to deal with special Values (like the Window inital position, MUIV_Window_LeftEdge_Centered and so on) but this will need a little bit more thinking and of course much work 😛 .